Thursday, June 14, 2007

Loony

Happened this morning. It was beautiful weather this morning, overcast and a little breezy. My sister was dropping me off at the train station this morning, when we saw a little kitten trying to cross the road! It was a tiny thing. Black with grey stripes.
We passed it, then watched from the rearview mirror in horror at its attempts and it's near miss with fate what with the cars all zooming by. Amazingly it managed to cross to the divider in the middle of the road.
By then I had impulsively asked my sister to make a U-turn to pick it up to carry it across the road. We saw it once again attempting to cross the road, which had me flying out of the car and scampering down the road like a loony to try and scoop it up. Now that terrified it so much that it leaped away from me, heading straight for the middle of the road. I groaned inwardly. A big red truck was bearing down on it. A crow butted its behind. It stumbled, mercifully the driver of the red truck saw my feeble attempts at rescuing it and stopped the truck in the middle of the road. But by the time I got across, kitty had already disappeared down the drain. Shucks!
A thought occurred to me when I was waiting for the train, did that crow purposely wanted to send the kitten to it's death by butting it?!! I thought I had read somewhere or knew from somewhere crows ate dead animals. Or did I confuse them with vultures? Anyhow, I was filled with horror at that thought.
Anyhow, I hope the poor kitten manages to survive this tough world.

No comments: