Sunday, November 18, 2007

Birthday 2007


So what is it like to be another year older? The truth is, it is a little depressing, to know that you're getting on in years. Another question. How does it feel on your birthday? I didn't really feel anything special. Now I know that it's supposed to be a day to be cheerful to be looked forward to.
But honestly, maybe it's all part of growing old/mature, birthdays doesn't hold the magic it once does for me anymore. When I was younger, I would count the days till it came. More often than not however, the day didn't turn out as spectacular as I thought it would be.
Maybe it's the disillusionment of so many years of birthdays, maybe it's just part of growing up. My birthday this year was just another ordinary day to me.
The little girl part in me wants something different though. I want my birthday to be as magical as a fairy tale. But what ingredients or events justify that illusive description?
:) I really don't know...well, I hope I do find out next year. There's always hope.

1 comment:

F!ojo said...

Dear friend, birthdays are beautiful. It reminds us of how fearfully and wonderfully made. It reminds us of His breath of life that's freely given to us. Cheer up... Age is just a number... Remember, I am not far from you!