Sunday, March 16, 2008

Paycheck


Past midnight and I couldn't sleep. I was watching Paycheck on television. I thought I haven't watched it before but I think I have, I vaguely remember some of the scenes.
Ben Affleck and Uma Thurman stars. The good engineer creates a super machine that enables men to look into the future. That was going to make him filthy rich, agrees to sell it to the highest bidder and have his memory wiped so he can't create another. He's used the machine to see into HIS future, knows his buyer's going to seal off all exits and have him murdered, leaves a trail and clues to save his own life and the woman he loves. He gave up 3 years of his memory. In the end realizing that the machine he created means the world will end because men saw into the future.
Working backwards, men saw the future and men makes the future happen like he saw it. Isn't it ironic?
Anyway, it had a happy ending. Good guy destroys machine and lives happily ever after with the woman he loves. Uma Thurman's eyes are so arrestingly blue.
On an unrelated note, pictures above taken in KLCC on a cloudy afternoon a few weeks ago.

No comments: